There are SO many reasons to attend the Festival. Read a list that the Festival Planning Committee has come up with.
1. Escape to a relaxed and gentle place where cattle still roam the rangeland, wildflowers fill the meadows and sweet bird songs are in the air.
2. Explore a globally rare ecosystem. Alvar properties are under the stewardship of local and national Land Trust organizations and Ontario Parks.
3. Tour the Alvar with an expert – small group sizes and leaders with relevant knowledge make it accessible to every level of experience.
4. Learn about endangered, threatened, and unusual species. With 250 recorded bird species, the Carden Alvar is an Important Bird Area and home to the “Birder’s Highway”.
5. Meet like-minded people who are interested in nature and conservation. Come as strangers, leave as friends.
6. Capture natural beauty – our birds and wildflowers will obligingly pose for photos (although you may have to be quick for the birds).
7. Enjoy free family activities – including a guided kids’ Nature Hike, a wildlife show and hands-on projects – at the Carden Recreation Centre, our Festival headquarters on beautiful Lake Dalrymple.
8. Indulge in free Kawartha Dairy ice cream for the kids! Complete your day on the Carden Alvar with a fantastic festival dinner at the Recreation Centre.
9. Gear up for the Festival with exciting free events in the weeks leading up to June 6, 2015, and be sure to take advantage of early-bird registration prices before May 3!
10. Experience some quality time in nature – with a friend, your kids or grandkids – there is something for everyone at the Carden Alvar Nature Festival.
So what you are waiting for? Register today for the Carden Alvar Nature Festival.